Posted on May 15, 2016
One of the most important decisions once you move to Bangkok is to find the right accommodation that will best suit all members of your family. Searching apartments for rent in Bangkok on your own when you do not know the city is not an easy task to do. Since 2006, the real estate agency Five Stars Thailand assists expatriates in their property search in Bangkok.
After narrowing down your requirements by email and phone, one of our agents will start showing you around 10 apartments for rent in Bangkok.
Once we have found the right unit for you, we strongly recommend a second inspection to confirm your first impression.
Next step is to email you or your employer the rental agreement for perusal and signature. At this stage, you will have to settle the payment of a 2-month deposit. The first month of rent will also have to be paid before the check-in date.
An inventory list will be prepared by one of our Five Stars Thailand agents and emailed to both parties to avoid any misunderstandings when checking out.
Apartments for rent in Bangkok: what does it take to settle in?
- Only a copy of the residents’ passport is necessary to rent accommodation here.
- Apartments for rent in Bangkok, flats and houses are often rented fully furnished but furniture can also be removed partially and sometimes even totally.
- Every residence gives access to a swimming pool, a gym and sometimes a tennis court, kids’ playgrounds and a free transport service for the residents.
- Pets are not often welcomed. Only a few residences accept them.
- The minimum duration of a rental contract is 12 months. Committing to a 2-year lease can help to reduce the rental rate. In a few residences, a diplomatic clause can be inserted in the agreement from the 13th month onwards.
- The 2-month deposit will be returned within 30 to 45 days after the check-out. We strongly recommend to take good care of the premises to be refunded the deposit in its entirety.
- The rent does not usually include additional costs such as Internet, TV cable, running water and electricity.
- The rent is to be paid by bank transfer every beginning of the month. Water and electricity bills can be paid directly to the building or at 7-11 shops and superstores.
- We can assist not only in case of problems with the landlord but also at the end of the contract if the lessee wishes to extend the rent for another year.
Our Five Stars Thailand team offers more than property inspections. We will be at your disposal, happy to share our knowledge of the city and give you some tips about restaurants and other sites of interest, introducing furniture shops if necessary, etc... In a nutshell, all useful information a family needs in a new city.
The real estate agency Five Stars Thailand is here to make your property search a hassle-free experience so make the most of it! For more information, please browse our website at www.fivestars-thailand.com.
To make an appointment, contact us by mobile phone at 081 271 7155 or by e-mail at email@example.com.